Nursery Time

My poor, poor pitiful, yet ruggedly handsome husband slaving away.........at his son's nursery.....but I've learned, if you give a man a son, he will give you pretty much anything you ask for...and I was ready for the completion (or near completion) of my son's nursery!!!

We've worked very hard over the past few weeks to completely clean, empty, remove carpet and finish what is now the nicest room in the house, CALEB'S room....and until Caleb is here, it is a room where I sit and rock, a room where I find peace in knowing that in a short 2.5 months, our family will be +1....

What started as a room with green carpet and banged up walls is now a beautiful baby blue with wooden floors....although I do not have a complete 'before' picture - this one shows a "before we were finished" picture....if you'd like to see a larger version of the image with my thoughts on the paint color, please click on it!


As you may note from the picture, I wasn't a fan of the color of the paint....It was simply too blue...it almost made me uncomfortable when I walked in. Josh, not being a huge fan of the color for a baby room either, would not admit it wasn't the best choice for 2 reasons...1 - the thought of having to start over...yes, was painful, and 2 - he couldn't help but notice the resemblence of the color to his beloved tarheels.....

Oh, and the arrows in the above image, one just pointing out the color of the ceiling, and the second pointing out the mirror doors that are no longer in the room!

We had a little fun before painting over the "tarheel blue" - I was looking a bit rough this day, but who dresses up for painting....in case you can't see it, there is an arrow painted in the 'new blue' pointing to my belly that says "You" - that one's for Caleb!


Again, the "before" blue - it may seem petty but made a HUGE difference:



However, we sucked it up, and started yet again with a much softer blue.....that I happen to really love! Here is the "other" blue....



Here are a few pictures of the entire process being completed...
Started out daylight....and thunderstorms...




AND DAY TURNED INTO NIGHT...BUT THAT DIDN'T STOP US!!!




Once Josh put up the moulding, we came to the realization, that the ceiling just wasn't working anymore.....with the beautiful moulding in place, it looked like a dull yellow.....so the next morning, we woke up and began painting!


See the difference??


I think this whole project turned Josh's beard grey!


Our new closet doors....not the best image, as it was taken with my DROID phone!


We still have a few finishing touches....we still need to do more baby-fying to it, if you will....but this is what we have thus far!







0 comments: