28 Weeks

It feels like yesterday Josh and I were sitting in the living room looking at videos on http://www.babycenter.com/ of how a baby develops. At the time, our little one, yet to be named Caleb or have a known gender, still resembled a little tadpole -

Looking at my weekly updates today, this is now what our little man has grown into and its hard to believe that what seems like just the other day he was less than 1 ounce....For anyone reading this, babycenter has the coolest informative 1-2 minute videos showing the progess of babies in the womb....Click to see what's happening in my belly.




He's doing things like, opening his eyes, practicing breathing, certainly getting many more kicks in than I thought he ever would. Feeling so connected to him is also something that I just can't get over. I've felt needed in my past, but carrying him around for me, created a whole new definition of the word.

I never thought it possible to love so much, especially someone that I've yet to physically hold or see. And going back to the part about how big he is getting, and how quickly he is getting big.....I've always heard people say, including my own parents, 'my how quickly they grow...' referring to their children. Well, technically Caleb hasn't even had his "BIRTH" day yet...and he is already growing like a weed before our eyes and each day embeds his way even deeper into our hearts....with every kick and every little movement.....

Just to give you an idea....in the image at the top of the page....that is pregnancy at 8 weeks....the second image shows 28 weeks in utero - at 8 weeks, the weight is about .04 ounces and 28 weeks about 36 ounces....that 900 TIMES larger!!!

0 comments: