Bowels in the way? 11 weeks and 4 days!



I just returned from my third appointment to check on the baby. I always get such anxiety before going to the doctor...all the what-if's start going crazy in my mind and I feel like I can't get there soon enough...just to make sure everything is okay.

Baby's Height: 45mm or approx 1.8 inches (height is measure right now from crown to rump, so little legs aren't included, with those he/she'd be a good 2.5 inches!)-

Today we had some testing done...just a blood sample from mommy (that's me now!) and some measuring of the baby via the ultrasound. Everything looked normal and now I can sigh, with relief.

I love getting the ultrasounds, because its such a wonderful chance to see baby move and play, to hear the heart beat, and just to 'see baby.'


Josh came with me to my appointment and when the dr turned off the lights and turned on the doppler, to Josh, everyone left the room, but him and baby! It was the first time he had the chance to hear the heart beat and he lit up. So proud.

Josh's mom also joined us for the visit (my poor mom was home without a voice).

It took a while to find the baby on the ultrasound. One of the few pleasures of being pregnant is constipation, and there is nothing like the dr announcing that there are 'bowels in the way of the fetus' right in front of your mother in law to start your day. I handled it like a lady and apologized for being stopped up... ;o)

Here are the first images of the baby, that look like, well...a baby. Although, the "face" image below, to me, looks sort of alien-like!!!




Below is an animation of a 12 weeks fetus in Utero. Pretty much where I am right now...


Oh, and I've gained 5 lbs, which is about normal for where I'm at...I'll be posting pics soon of the little baby bump!

0 comments: