Mommy's Cute Cookie made me cry

Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I've been consumed with every motion imaginable, but mostly joy.

I've wanted to be a mommy for as long as I can remember, even before it was physically possible. The day I found out, I didn't cry...I felt almost guilty. If I were so overwhelmed with joy, then why were there no tears. Perhaps it still didn't feel real. But, I knew it was, the 5th positive pregnancy test confirmed it...

I saw the baby's heart flutter at 6 weeks, and at 9.5, heard it for the first time. This is also where I first saw his/her first movements. So incredibly active - break-dancing in the womb...still, no tears.

It was this past Saturday that for the first time, it officially hit me, I'm going to be a mom.


I was in Old Navy with Josh when to my surprise he needed to use the restroom. I decided I would follow him there and as fate would have it, the infant section was right beside it. I just started browsing and I saw this little onesie for infants and saw that it was a size 3-6 months I started doing math, and realized at this exact time, this exact second, next year, that this particular little outfit could possibly be worn by my little baby. At this moment, I cried....I wasn't making a scene though - my belly isn't big enough yet to justify uncontrollable sobbing in the middle of Old Navy alone, quite yet!

Josh approached me with a grin of satisfaction on his way back from the restroom and I look at him with crocodile tears in my eyes and didn't even have to say anything, he knew. He insisted that we purchase it. It feels more and more real every moment....

I can't wait to meet you little one!!!

0 comments: